Just when you thought you had everything figured out – you get hit out of nowhere with something that you never once thought would be a Truth in your life.
In denial, in shock, all emotions rolled into one.
But still I stay.
Still I love.
There is no way else to be.
Sometimes, you think you’ve seen it all. Sometimes, you think you’ve gone through every possible loving emotion there is. And then a simple gesture, a quiet sentence grabs at you – and you fall all over again – tumbling head over heels, no footholds, just the dizzyingly wondrous journey of falling into the unknown.
Sometimes, you meet a guy who does this for you, and you know. You just know, that yes, maybe, just maybe, Love still exists in this cold, hard world.
Another day, another promise to create more blog entries, and to write in more than just 140-character lines. I think I can start by resurrecting my Tuesday Thank You’s weekly post. I haven’t been as thankful as I want to be, there are so many things to celebrate and be happy for right now. ❤ So, here goes nothing:
- Friends. For every job switch, I gain a new set of friends. They make insane days bearable, and boring days insane.
- Words. I have so much love for the written word. I’ve been updating my journal quite regularly. Been motivating myself to write more poetry. How awesome to create something out of random dots in space.
- Life’s Little Surprises. This needs a proper blog entry, but I need to thank the Universe for always giving me these little surprises that make life so magical.
Let’s start with 3. Honestly, I can’t wait to get started on that entry about life’s little surprises. ❤
3 months into the year, and it has been magical indeed.
There is something so exhilarating about learning to let go of fears and doubts, and opening yourself up to the possibility of Happiness.
It’s new, it’s scary (very very scary) – but it keeps me alive.
The latter part of 2014 was not so good, but 2015 promises to be something interesting at the very least.
I never thought that I could dream again, believe again, hope again. But here I am. Although everything is still up in the air, the promise of something makes every morning a little bit brighter, a little bit more exciting.
This is an adventure, I intend to jump into it with eyes wide shut.
So hello, 2015, be nice to me. Make it magical this year.
A couple of weeks ago, I “celebrated” my Rebirthday. It’s a private date for me, no one’s ever found out about it, but it was the exact date when I had the worst heartbreak of my life.
I used to be this girl who believed in fairy tales and ever afters. I used to believe in destiny and knowing for a fact that someone is meant for you, that you will find that someone who will be your Forever.
I think it’s safe to say that I’m not that girl anymore. Not as naive anymore, not as wide-eyed. I remember wanting to hold on to the idealism, to the romance of it all. But somehow, over the years, it just slipped away. Maybe now, I have more realistic expectations, more grounded dreams.
I know now that Forever does not necessarily have to happen in one lifetime. Maybe, you find The One in your next life, or the life after that. Or maybe you did already, and now you’re just waiting to find him again.
I guess now, there really isn’t any room for that One Epic Love. Maybe that doesn’t exist anymore. Maybe all you can hope for is to find that one person you can share the same interests with. Find that one person you have MAD CHEMISTRY with. Find that person who makes you act like a loony in random moments. Maybe you don’t need GRAND gestures, or a life-changing moment. Maybe you just have to find that someone who makes you laugh endlessly.
Maybe you just need to find that person who you know is yours with everything that you are. And knowing that you are his too, with everything that he is.
And maybe, just maybe, that’s more than enough.
So there’s this trend on Facebook right now that asks us to post the Top 10 books / movies / songs that have stayed with you through the years. It’s supposed to be an instinctive exercise – writing down the first things that come to mind. I posted about books, and I want to do movies, too. So since I rarely post on Facebook anyway, I’m just doing it here.
Here’s my Book List:
1. Love Story by Erich Segal – I think I’ve read this book at least 6 times already. Still gets me everytime.
2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman – Ah, Stardust. ❤
3. American Gods by Neil Gaiman – My first Gaiman read. I loved that I had this feeling of dread while I was reading the book. It was that effective.
4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger – I’m a sucker for time traveling and romance and hopeless love.
5. White Oleander by Janet Fitch – I was very very affected by this book. It was a very emotional read for me.
6. Game of Thrones by George RR Martin – I read this AFTER I watched the first season. The worlds that GRRM created — WOW.
7. Room by Emma Donoghue – Such a unique story, perfectly written.
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – I couldn’t put this book down, I think I read it for 2 straight days (even at work haha)
9. Everyday by David Levithan – HEARTACHE
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – I fell in love with the language, beautifully written.
So, here goes my MOVIE LIST:
1. Speed – Ah, Keanu Reeves. I can watch this over and over again
2. Ever After – a retelling of Cinderella. It’s just too perfect!
3. Clueless – Every girl’s dream life is embodied by Cher’s life.
4. Labyrinth – I remember being so scared while watching this.
5. Hihintayin Kita sa Langit – local movie based on Wuthering Heights. It’s a hauntingly beautiful romance
6. Oculus – the scariest movie I’ve watched so far
7. 12 Years a Slave – I really thought I’d get bored with this movie, but it resonates
8. Pocahontas – I think this was the first time I ever found a Disney character SEXY. I mean, Pocahontas is just hot
9. Splash – And this cemented my desire to be a mermaid
10. Somewhere in Time – Oh God, this is one of the most heartbreaking movies ever