The dialogue below is one of my absolute favorites. SERIOUSLY. I get so kilig everytime Ben and Felicity get together. ❤ I LOVE. And Ben Covington? SWOOOOON.
* * * * *
Meghan: This is how I know Felicity still likes you. You ready?
Ben Covington: Yeah. Wha… what is it?
Meghan: Sarah McLachlan.
Ben Covington: What?
Meghan: When Felicity showed up last year, head over heels for you, Sarah McLachlan was all she listened to. If “Fumbling Towards Ecstasy” wasn’t in the CD player, it was only so “Solace” could get a little airplay. I started calling it ‘Ben music’… not to her face but behind her back. But then it went away, and I thought Sarah was gone for good. I almost started celebrating. And then you showed up again. You offered Felicity this cross-country trip of a lifetime, which means I got to memorize every lyric from “Surfacing”… all 10 songs! This year started off McLachlan-heavy, until the big break-up, and then all of Felicity’s hair went away, and so did Sarah. Until you guys broke into the pool. Now maybe it was a coincidence, but guess who started to make a comeback? It was gradual, but constant, and now if you want me to, I can sing any song from “Mirrorball” which really annoys the hell out of me! So if you’re ever curious about whether Felicity has the hots for you, just check her boom box.
Ben Covington: That’s the dumbest theory I’ve ever heard.
In the shifting
of the beach shells
lies the secret whispers
of an ‘Us’ that never was.
The trickling of
each grain of sand
poured out our story
of an endless
summer night talking;
huddled under the bedcovers,
while you were
the magic of a starlit night.
Eventhough apart —
we shared the beach.
Your voice was the
wind – sticky and sweet,
Your laughter were
waves that crashed
towards the shore –
As the night melted
into the dawn
and our giggles
lulled me to slumber,
I knew I would
hold this image of us
in place –
apart, but connected,
joined by the shared magic
of Summer dreams
— 2:42 PM
— July 8, 2009
* * *
One exercise in writing poetry is to write something you’re not feeling strongly about anymore. Revisiting old feelings, when you’ve found closure in them already. I admit to being a “fair-weather writer.” I rarely write poetry when the emotions aren’t high. But since last year, I’ve been training myself to write because I need to, and not because the emotions are there.
This poem has been one of those times. I forced myself to write it. It was difficult getting started, and even more difficult ending it. :p
Anyway, old memories back in 2004, I think.
Photo by me, sometime in 2007.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
oh… hmmm… I don’t remember. 2 or 3 weeks ago?
Oh wait. I cried watching ‘Tayong Dalawa’ last week. Kill me now.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITNG?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAL?
hmmm… that really depends on my mood.
5. DO YOU HAVE KID(s)?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I think, yes. But it would have to be an impulsive decision, ’cause I’d probably back out after FIVE minutes of agreeing. hihi
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Dark Chocolate with real choco bits
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
their faces. and height! (’cause more often than not, I have to look up at them!)
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
my height. i’m too small 😦
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
it won’t ruin my day if that’s what you’re asking
19. WHAT COLOR OF PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
blue jeans, black heels
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
some R&B song
22. WHAT COLOR CRAYON ARE YOU?
23. FAVORITE SCENTS?
peppermint, coffee beans, and the beach
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
25. HOW DO YOU KNOW THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
she’s my sister
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Basketball and Tennis
27. HAIR COLOR?
black, dyed dark brown
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Clear lenses, ’cause I’m legally blind without them.
30. FAVORITE FOODS?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
In the theater – Ice Age 3
On TV – 13 Going on 30
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
faded old rose/salmon (it’s a very vague color!)
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
37. DESCRIBE YOUR PENCIL CUP.
purple Eeyore mug Sharkboy got for me from Singapore
38. FAVORITE ARTIST(s)?
excuse me, are these ART artists? or MUSIC artists?
‘Cause that would be too many to list
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Haruki Murakami’s Dance Dance Dance
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don’t have one in the office.
At home, it’s a cutesy little green errr… thing.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Tayong Dalawa and 13 Going on 30.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES
BEATLES BEATLES BEATLES
44. WHERE IS THE FARTHEST PLACE YOU HAVE BEEN IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can… hold my breath longer than others :p (WHUT)
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Lourdes Hospital Sta. Mesa Philippines.
47. FAVORITE PIECE OF JEWELRY?
my silver ring, which mommy gave to me, and was originally my great grandma’s.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER.
one fine day, we were introduced to each other as co-workers.
then we became friends, then the rest is history. ❤