I chanced upon an interesting question while blog-hopping today: How many beauty products do you use in a day?
Of course, given the opportunity to list down things, I got right down to it.
- Shampoo – usually Sunsilk, I rarely get any build-up from this brand, so I use it all the time.
- Conditioner – I sometimes use Sunsilk, sometimes I use L’Oreal. Depends on the state of my hair, actually.
- Body Wash/Soap – I alternate using this. Soap dries out my body, but body wash is a bitch to wash off. If it’s too hot for body wash, I use soap instead. I only use J&J for these. On special occasions, I use Elizabeth Arden’s Green Tea Body Wash.
- Cetaphil Facial Wash – I literally found the perfect facial wash. It doesn’t dry out my skin, and I rarely breakout any more.
- Toothpaste – nothing satisfies my need for minty freshness like Colgate.
- Floss – I just recently picked up this habit. I’ve been particularly squeamish about driving a strand of thread between my teeth, but FINE. The dentist told me to.
- Mouthwash – rinse it off with a non-alcoholic mouthwash. I don’t like Listerine ’cause my tongue always feels burnt after I rinse with it. It’s too minty for my mouth. For when I feel sore throat-y, Bactidol works, but blech on the taste.
- Contact Lens Solution – Ah. Not exactly a beauty product. But I’m adding that here.
- Nivea Body Cream – the only form of moisturizer I can stand in this sticky heat. Not too heavy, so it’s not at all sticky. It’s for babies, actually, but it works for me!
- Neutrogena Moisturizer with SPF – I am very lazy with applying products on my face. So this moisturizer and sunblock combo works just for me. It doesn’t leave my face oily, and makes my skin glow.
- Body Shop concealer – for my tired eyes. Just a dab on the corners and undereye.
- The Face Shop blush – blush on my cheeks, just to get rid of my deathly pale face. HA.
- Nude/Light eyeshadow – a few swipes to open up my sleepy eyes. I skip this step, though, when I’m rested.
- Lancome Mascara – a few swipes on my lashes, and I feel made up already. Perfect for daily wear.
- Burt’s Bees lip balm/Blistex lipbalm with SPF – alternating between the two all day.
- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume – my absolute favorite perfume. Love the light, citrusy scent. I hate heavy-smelling scents.
So, there: SIXTEEN! Whew! And I thought I *was* low-maintenance.
So how about you? How many beauty products do you use everyday?