Labor Day weekend rundown:
- Free Comic Book Day! Got 4 comic books for free!
- Started collecting a new comic, Daredevil. It reads like a novel, which for me, makes it the perfect comic book. As a person immersed in novels, a lengthy and wordy comic book is always a good thing for me. Daredevil is one of the most deliciously-complicated characters in the Marvel world.
- WATCHED IRONMAN 2! I don’t care what critics say, this is a good follow-up to the first movie. ScarJo is gorgeous as the Black Widow, but I loved that she didn’t really steal the show from any of the main protagonists. Mickey Rourke, as expected, KILLED IT. Sam Rockwell is funny as a bumbling bigshot baddie. And RDJ. RDJ is Tony Stark. LOVE IT.
- Started portraits in pencil and landscapes in pastel. It’s complicated, but very enjoyable learning it. Double the fun, ’cause I get to learn it together with Sharkboy.
- Then on the 3rd day of the long weekend, I had to go to work for my uh.. sideline. Things are shaping up pretty well. I am very excited for the next step of this project. CHANGE. I love that word.
The weekend was laid-back and hectic at the same time and I enjoyed it immensely. I guess Sharkboy and I crammed everything at once, ’cause the next couple of weeks will be pretty busy for us work-wise, and that was probably one of the last chillax weekends we’ll be having in a long while. So, yeah. A weekend well-spent and well-enjoyed. LIFE SHOULD ALWAYS BE THIS GOOD. ❤