Before the first week of 2011 ends, let me hand in my Resolutions. I’d rather call them promises to myself, though. There’s a more personal ring to it, and I am bound to follow through on them. Anyway, here goes. The list is a bit long, as I’ve got much to improve this year.
1. Complete Project 52. I was able to post half a year’s worth in 2010. This time, I should finish it. Also, I promise to come up with better quality photos.
2. Eat and live healthy. This means, more fruits and veggies in my diet. Less junk food. More oatmeal. Walk more, exercise more, sleep earlier.
3. Less bratty, more trusting. I’m just gonna stop stirring the pot. Last night, I let one issue go. It’s done. Everything has been said. Time to move on.
4. Save, save, save. I’m setting a goal of 500/week savings (minimum). Shopping gods, please help me cooperate.
5. Love my eyes more. Geesh. I almost wore my right eye to blindness this year. Corneal scars can do that to you. So, healthier habits for my eyes. Less contact lens, more eyeglasses. Sucks, but yeah.
6. Less book purchases. Now that I can read ebooks with my dear LilyPad, I can download (free!) ebooks now. Yay! I’m gonna miss the smell of new books, but I’ve got to do my part for the environment, too!
7. Better time management. I haven’t been spending my 24 hours properly. I should learn to maximize every hour to accomplish more. Internet gods, help me cooperate.
8. Write, write, write more. I should ALWAYS bring a notebook and pen with me wherever I go.
9. Practice drawing. A drawing a week, maybe? Just draw.
10. Believe in love. Most of the time, my issues would stem from the lack of belief that Love is strong enough to win. Love will win. It always does.
There. 10 Promises to myself and to my loved ones for 2011. Some may be shallow, but they form habits that lead to a better attitude. Here’s to an awesome year ahead!