When I get so overwhelmed with life’s stressful moments, Sharkboy never fails to remind me to be thankful.
It’s easy to be thankful when you’re having a great time. You’re on vacation at a beach, you see a gorgeous sunset, it’s easy to breathe a big ‘Thank You.’
But when you’re having a rough week, when nothing seems to go right, it’s very easy to fall into the trap of self-pity and loathing. It could get horribly out of hand. I’ve sometimes lashed out at Sharkboy because of work stress. It is not a pretty sight. Thankfully, he is patient enough to remind me to be grateful. And before I know it, I’m calm and more productive.
Today, I am feeling very blah. Not because life is too hectic, but because it isn’t. Hah.
So, an exercise in gratitude. Here are the things I’m thankful for these days 🙂
- Family. I don’t even need to expound. Coming home to a loving family after a hard days’ work is the best.
- Early Mornings. No matter how much I bitch about not getting enough sleep, I look forward to my early mornings. It gives me a headstart. It gets me into the proper mindset for the day.
- Sharkboy. ❤ I love this boy, seriously. He gets me through the roughest, toughest days. 🙂 It’s the best feeling when you are with your Best Friend.
- Movies. My escape from life.
- Books. Oh, to be able to read all-day. That is my ultimate dream.
- Friends. For the laughter and the fun times.
That’s not even half of what I’m thankful for. I can seriously go on and on with this. I guess I just needed to put this up here as a reminder.
Life is beautiful, when you see it with grateful eyes. ❤