So there’s this trend on Facebook right now that asks us to post the Top 10 books / movies / songs that have stayed with you through the years. It’s supposed to be an instinctive exercise – writing down the first things that come to mind. I posted about books, and I want to do movies, too. So since I rarely post on Facebook anyway, I’m just doing it here.
Here’s my Book List:
1. Love Story by Erich Segal – I think I’ve read this book at least 6 times already. Still gets me everytime.
2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman – Ah, Stardust. ❤
3. American Gods by Neil Gaiman – My first Gaiman read. I loved that I had this feeling of dread while I was reading the book. It was that effective.
4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffeneger – I’m a sucker for time traveling and romance and hopeless love.
5. White Oleander by Janet Fitch – I was very very affected by this book. It was a very emotional read for me.
6. Game of Thrones by George RR Martin – I read this AFTER I watched the first season. The worlds that GRRM created — WOW.
7. Room by Emma Donoghue – Such a unique story, perfectly written.
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – I couldn’t put this book down, I think I read it for 2 straight days (even at work haha)
9. Everyday by David Levithan – HEARTACHE
10. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – I fell in love with the language, beautifully written.
So, here goes my MOVIE LIST:
1. Speed – Ah, Keanu Reeves. I can watch this over and over again
2. Ever After – a retelling of Cinderella. It’s just too perfect!
3. Clueless – Every girl’s dream life is embodied by Cher’s life.
4. Labyrinth – I remember being so scared while watching this.
5. Hihintayin Kita sa Langit – local movie based on Wuthering Heights. It’s a hauntingly beautiful romance
6. Oculus – the scariest movie I’ve watched so far
7. 12 Years a Slave – I really thought I’d get bored with this movie, but it resonates
8. Pocahontas – I think this was the first time I ever found a Disney character SEXY. I mean, Pocahontas is just hot
9. Splash – And this cemented my desire to be a mermaid
10. Somewhere in Time – Oh God, this is one of the most heartbreaking movies ever