I promised myself not so long ago, that I would write more often. I’ve been keeping a journal religiously, but since it remains a personal piece for me, I don’t really edit and critique what I write in it. It’s more of just a place for me to spill out everything without embarrassing myself in the internet stratosphere. Thanks to Twitter, and all these listicles, I haven’t had the desire to write long blog entries lately. I just feel that there is too much effort in writing everything down in complete paragraphs and sentences. WHICH IS SAD, REALLY. Good thing I chanced upon this Writing Challenge somewhere on Facebook. There are 30 topics for me to write about, and it’s doing its purpose of inspiring me to write blog entries again.
So, yeah. Here goes nothing.
I’m going to start light and begin this writing challenge with a list-type of article. The first topic: 5 Ways to Win Your (My) Heart. Pretty straight-forward, pretty easy. Here they are, in no particular order.
- Basketball. At one point during my “self-discovery year”, I realized that basketball is one of my deal breakers. I will need someone who loves basketball as much as I do. Someone who watches it as avidly as I do, and someone who knows more about it than I do. If you scratch your head and ask me what a traveling violation is, I will honestly look at you with a disappointed look on my face. SORRY.
- Food. You HAVE to like food as much as I do. The whole point in having a relationship is to have someone to go on random and obscure food trips with.
- Travel. Ditto with traveling. If you are simply too scared to go on an adventure with me, I’ll just go on an adventure with someone else.
- Vanity / Cleanliness. It doesn’t hurt to pay attention to your looks. I am not asking that you look like Ryan Gosling, for godsakes, just show me that appearances matter for you, and that you make enough effort to look good, and (ALWAYS) smell good. SMELLING GOOD IS EVERYTHING.
- Personality. Please, for the love of God, have one. Own it, and be proud of it. I am not asking that you be a weird person. I just want you to have your own personality, your own interests. I am very much willing to share my interests with you, and am very interested in learning about yours. Show me what you want and what keeps you passionate, I’ll love you for it. And no, “PASSIONATE FOR ALCOHOL” IS NOT A PERSONALITY.
Well, that was easy. I am quite liking these writing challenges.
I’ll probably make this a weekly thing.